Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Make it go away...

Ok so because of genetics.. not because I did not take care of them, at the age of 31, a week ago, i had all my teeth pulled and got dentures. It is an emotional ride.. let me tell you. I wanted them, because I have gotten my teeth fixed, spent so much money, to always end up having them pulled. 

Because of other factors as well... when I was pregnant, with my beautiful daughter, I found out I had cervical cancer. It was a miracle i even got pregnant, but just in time, my cancer was at stage 3 .. the next to the last stage of cervical cancer. I knew this would be my only chance to have a baby, so i decided to go along with the pregnancy, and decide what to do later. So my baby girl saved my life, and took my teeth at the same time.  =D she took all the calcium from my teeth from the inside out. I would give my life for her, and happy to give her my teeth, so she would be healthy. 

So back to the dentures, I am getting used to them. Still unable to eat real food that isn't soft like baby food. However I did not have a problem speaking, like they said I would. But now that a week later my jaw isn't the size of a grapefruit.... they are loose. And I have what they call sore spots...They are like giant canker  sore that every time you move your mouth a piece of hard plastic rubs it's sharp edges along. 

So god willing they will put what they call a soft liner in them to make them fit better and not hurt so bad on my still healing gums where I had all of my teeth pulled.........

All i want is something solid, like a french fry.. is that so much to ask? Especially after this is costing as much as a car?????


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Yonca followed you! She has a fabulous blog about food. Make sure to drop by her blog and say hi!

    I am glad that they put the soft liner in and you got to eat chicken today!! Although, I think I am going to go on the baby food diet since you lost 5 pounds in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award for your lovely blog! Come on over and claim it!

    ReplyDelete